MSI KT400 chipset compatible with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is my motherboard compatible with the ATI 9600 pro graphics card and also the DDR-400 1 GB Kit PC-3200 Twin Modules (2x512mb) (Kingston).

With this all be plug and play with my computer. Im currently running 64mb geforce4 ti4200 card. and 512mb of memory on my MSI KT400 chipset, it supports AGP8x. All coments appreciated.

The only potential problem you may have with that video card is that the 9600 pro card will use a lot more power from your power supply than your old ti4200 card. How many watts is your current PSU rated at? Who is the maker? You can find this info on the sticker of the power supply, inside the case. That chip supports AGP8x, so assuming your motherboard has an open slot, you're set.

We also need more info on that ram you are looking at buying, as well as the model number of your motherboard. Not all 400Mhz ram works on that particular chipset. You need to go to the MSI site, then to your specific motherboard specs, and find the list of supported memory. I just had a look at the site, and it appears that that chipset is picky about what type of 400mhz you pop in there, and often is much more stable with 333Mhz ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back