TechSpot

MSN Keeps disconnecting..i've tried everything..HELP(please)

By Rizz
Nov 22, 2007
  1. I have the latest version of Windows live..and it keeps disconnecting...i use a Linksys wireless WRT54G router if anyone wants to know. I really don't know whats going on, anyone wanna share some views?? Do i need to post a hjt log?? Thanks in advance

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

3. Rizz

Rizz TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

Here is the HJT log

Attached Files:

4. howard_hopkinso

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O1 - Hosts: 65.54.239.80 messenger.hotmail.com

O1 - Hosts: 65.54.239.80 dp.msnmessenger.akadns.net

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Go HERE, download and install the latest version of Java.

Once it`s installed, go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall all previous versions of Java, except version 6 update 3. Close Control panel.

Let me know if that helps at all.

This thread is for the use of Rizz only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

5. Rizz

Rizz TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

I've followed all the steps, as i try remove "JSE runtime environment 5.0 update 5" it stops and then an alert says "a fatal error occured during installation". How do i removed this?

6. howard_hopkinso

Reboot into safe mode and try again. If you still have proeblems with the uninstall, just forget about it.

This thread is for the use of Rizz only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.