Msn messenger in knoppix

Status
Not open for further replies.

focus_water

how can i use msn messenger in linux - knoppix 4.0.2?
i have tried using google but i cant find a thing all i have found is that i can use other messenger programs but that is it.

I`m certainly no expert on linux, but I`m fairly sure you can`t use the msn messenger programme. I don`t think Microsoft would like it really lol

However, from what I can gather, there are alternatives available. One such alternative called aMSN is HERE.

If you Google for "msn messenger in linux" you`ll find other suggestions.

Regards Howard :)

Hum.. Doesn't Knoppix come with Gaim, which supports the MSN messenger protocol?

aMSN is the simplest one to install and use from memory.

so long as you have GTK and TLS with all their other package requirements. which are installed by default on alot of Linux installations because the distro requires them to run certain aspcts of the GUI part of the OS.

but Knoppix on CD i'm not sure about(last Knoppix i ran was Knoppix 3.4.)

Jim,

Didou said:
& as you'll probably have problems installing it, just use the MSN web messenger. All you need is a browser. ;)
thats fine, but most people like to be able to leave msn in the back ground, also web messenger tends to use alot of res.
aMSN is a very nice small MSN program
Gaim is a very nice multi-protocol program
i personally recomend Gaim, because the it has ability to sign into multiple acounts at once and use IRC without a specific IRC program. however if MSN is all you want then aMSN will do fine aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back