TechSpot

MSN Spaces Problem

By waterproof
Dec 1, 2006
  1. When I use internet explorer to go to my msn space. Since its updated with Live MSN. I need to download something for my computer so MSN spaces can access my pictures and upload pictures onto my msn space. But everytime i click it to 'install now' NO pop up comes up. And I tried everything to fix it but nothing would download it...

I realise it could be something to do with my host or something
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

^^ i usually download this when its updated, its freeware btw. It blocks pop ups and remove ads etc. Could it affect my IE when it wants something to download as a pop up??? and if it is, how do i remove this host thing? And my IE browser accepts pop ups btw but it still wont work :(

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

If you think the HOST file is the problem, just find it and rename it to HOSTOLD, windows will recreate a blank one after a reboot, try it and see if the error clears,

It may be a 3rd party pop up blocker or IE's own blocker that is causing the issue as well.

Yes I do use the Host file in your link.

Regards

3. waterproof

waterproof TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 207

^^do you know any other way what problems it has? because all pop ups are allowed on IE when i download something and IE blocker enables...

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"

^^ is that where my host is?

well i know it has nothing to do with my host files.

ok, i dunno whats playing up with it.

but here's screenshots of myself when i click to install but nothing would install or pop up wont happen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

Maybe its the site that has the problem ??

Regards

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.