Multi Console Supporting Router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

British_Command

I have an Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and a few laptops that are generally always connecting to the internet. Never had any problems with the WRT54G linksys router, not with 360 or Wii but recently I have started trying the online capabilities out on the PS3 and found that it keeps disconnecting the laptops from the internet?

Can this be solved by a basic option change? Or will I have to buy a new router which I'm looking to do, what router would work best for supporting multiple laptops and a gaming console?

That simply can't be. You have faulty hardware or some serious misconfiguration somewhere.

"disconnect" means what?

Are you sure it is the laptops that get disconnected and not the router crashing or your internet connection dropping?

How are you connecting the PS3 to the router? What manuals did you read and which instructions did you follow?

I Know!

I know I didn't have this problem before, and it happens whenever the PS3 connects as well as having a problem with our ISP (Virgin Media) which disconnects us from the internet occasionally.

I should mention that the router has been accidentally pushed onto the floor, quite hard. So im guessing that a Hardware malfunction would of resulted from that.

I am guessing it's the hardware as well. I have my PS3, 360, and Wii all online all the time along with all my PCs - none of my machines fall off the network or lose any kind of connectivity unless my whole connection goes out. It's possible the PS3 is plugged into a port shared by the WAN port on your switch/router?

possibly

Possibly, but I haven't really configured or changed any settings since the PS3 was last used, Im guessing its the hardware and I am probably going to buy a new router.

Any suggestions for a decent router? 4mb connection (Virgin media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back