TechSpot

Multi-OS wifi

By whtddusy516
Aug 21, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In a previous thread I asked about wifi on a Mac, now its with a Linux machine. Does anyone know a Wifi device (USB or PCI) that would work with MS, OS X, and Linux? If not all of them at least two, Because it seems like im getting no where with my DWL-G132 (besides XP).

Thanks, AJ

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

The WiFi card included in most Intel Centrino packages is pretty well supported under Windows & Linux. I have no idea for Mac OSX though.

3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

I'd say anything that works under Mac OS will work in Linux too. Not to mention that you can use ndiswrapper to make Linux work with Windows drivers.

4. whtddusy516

whtddusy516 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 201

5. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

"Updated 02-February-2004" :D

6. whtddusy516

hmm lol...well even if that is old, the Atheros chipset in a G132 is fairly new, and i have not found anything on people using them with linux, or if i have theyre old topics and no one responded to them

7. whtddusy516

ahh good news, i went back to ndiswrappers site and went to the hardware wiki site, and found that the DWL-G132 [both revisions] are capable with linux.

Now would anyone be able to tell me how exactly im goign to get this to work? or could you point me in the direction of where someone could help?

Thanks

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.