TechSpot

Multimedia audio controller driver needed

By rettam
Jan 4, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone,
    I upgradeed my operating system to Windows XP and now I don't have any sound. When I check Device Manager it shows a yellow question mark infront of multimedia adio controllers. When I check the properties, it says the device has no drivers. If you have faced same problems, please help.
    I have a Pentium III Asus CUSI-M motherboard with three PCI slots.

Retta.
  2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,763

3. jamie0

jamie0 TS Rookie

4. jamie0

jamie0 TS Rookie

what was the update you used ??????

Retta.[/QUOTE]I upgradeed my operating system to Windows XP and now I don't have any sound.

james here did you install service pack 2 ???? because i have seen
    service pack 2 do just that verry same thing .
    and when you say you upgraded what was the exact upgrade you used.
    the "name".
  5. Benony

Benony TS Rookie

Multimedia problem

Is there any chance you know how to fix this problem? i recently installed Windows XP Pro SP2 and I'm going through the same problem :/
    The Windows finds an unknown Multimedia Audio Controller driver.
  6. imax2000

imax2000 TS Rookie Posts: 27

hi

very simply u need drivers for ur audio card. check out the name of ur audio card.. if u cant find out, use a small software named "aida32". it gonna show u the real name of it. then get the drivers , i advice u to use www.driversguide.com
  7. Benony

Benony TS Rookie

Multimedia problem

I already have a driver installed for my audio card. btw i have a C-media PCI CMI8768. But when I use Add Hardware it finds an unknown driver called Multimedia Audio Controller, but I can't find the driver for it anywhere :S
    I have sound, but not as good as it was, and this unknown driver is preventing me from being able to use Winamp :/
  8. imax2000

hi

i aslo have this problem with multimidia controller and multimidia video controller, still have a yellow question marks on them. but the audio and the video re all good.
    i cant find the driver of them.
  9. Wrabbitt

Wrabbitt TS Rookie

Hi I need audio controllers driver too

I installed a new hard drive and reinstall window xp home edition and now i have no sound but my problem is i dont know is there anywhere to get the drivers besides the company website.....not sure if the company having any problems or if i have any options to get these drivers from any place besides their website......any help would be appreciated........without sound for the past week and a half now

TY Wrabbitt
  10. khoality

khoality TS Rookie

Hello,

I'm new and I have a similar problem but it was caused by getting a new monitor. Here's some pictures with some information that might help. Please Help. My computer was customized.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. imax2000

hi

here u can find them http://www.driverguide.com/ regester first it s free.

12. hassansas7

hassansas7 TS Rookie

Hey Boney, Looks like u have an incomplete audio software coz its supposed to have the whole package includin the Multimedia Audio Controller. Nways i had the same prob once enjust folow this link. U gon get it.
    opendrivers.com/driver/237866/c-media-cmi8768-cmi8768+-audio-driver-8.15-beta-windows-vista-x32-free-download.html
    HasnSas
  13. hobbitdude

hobbitdude TS Rookie

I upgradeed my operating system to Windows XP and now I don't have any sound.

james here did you install service pack 2 ???? because i have seen
    service pack 2 do just that verry same thing .
    and when you say you upgraded what was the exact upgrade you used.
    the "name".[/QUOTE]

the same exact thing happened to me and my internet settings are all gone and everytime i try to update settings for anything it tells me there was an error
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.