>> Microsoft Windows XP SP3
>> 1 GB of memory
>> ATI Radeon 7000 64 MB
>> 40 GB SATA drive

>> Avast! 7 Antivirus
>> Auslogics BoostSpeed 5.2
>> TuneUp Utilities 2012
>> CCleaner 3.17xx

>>> I do full maintenance twice a week and defrag my hard disks once a week. I do boot time scans with Avast! as well as full scans (rarely).

>> My PC initially had 256 MB of RAM but I upgraded it last December 2011. I had to reformat it since the system did not boot up anymore when the upgrade took place. I was also suggested (which I did) to change the Motherboard of my PC because the one that I had was very old (year 2000?) and no RAM (1 GB) was available.

>> After reinstalling XP and after a couple of weeks, I encountered a BSOD (Blue Screen) which had this error: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and it also displayed "atapi.sys". I immediately googled up the said error and found out that it was an incompatible, unsigned driver that might have caused the problem.

I ran Windows XP Verifier, found three unsigned drivers and noticed that they were all sound drivers. These are the following:
>> aeaudio.sys (Andrea Noise Cancellation Driver)
>> senfilt.sys (Sensaura WDM 3D Audio Driver)
>> smwdm.sys (SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio)

I ran the Event Viewer and found/saw this message:
>> "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: PCIIde"

>> Then last 26 March 2012, I again encountered a BSOD which had the error: "KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR". I ran the ChkDsk utility, TuneUp Utilities 2012 Disk Doctor and took 20 minutes to fix some corrupt files.

My system is running as it should be AS OF NOW.

Can someone give me an expert advice on how to solve or at least inform me about these BSOD occurrences?

My PC was not encountering these before the Motherboard was changed and before it had a memory upgrade.

We changed the motherboard to ASUS P4PE-X.

Any efforts to answer my question will be greatly appreciated! :]

Attach the five most recent minidump files in your next post and we will read them for you. Minidump files contain a code and probable cause for your BSODs.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:if yo

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Too many check programs are not good... All those scans do nothing but make a PC unstable. Remove most of those programs. Select 2. I suggest you switch your antivirus and ditch Avast for free MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager. You need to get those sound drivers fixed by going to the ASUS support website and downlad and install those drivers.Have you done the memory and hard drive checks mentioned here:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

Attach the five most recent minidump files in your next post and we will read them for you. Minidump files contain a code and probable cause for your BSODs.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I'll have those files as soon as I boot up my PC! I'm currently replying to this thread using our college's PCs. Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------
Hi Route44
>> I checked the directory C:/WINDOWS/Minidump directory and found out that there were no files in there. I even made the hidden files visible but still found nothing on the Minidump folder to no avail.
>> Any ideas?
Thanks!

Back