Multiple BSOD Crashes

By SamuelGFM
May 19, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. I think it's first off mentioning I'm not a computer whiz so if I ask what something is that is the reason :) But the error I have been encountering is multiple BSOD crashes over the past 2 weeks, I've owned my computer for about 1 and a half years. I took it to my friends recently to show him it in action and in true fashion it didn't actually do it, the only difference in set up being I used a HDMI cable to connect to a different monitor but I don't think this could be the culprit, could it?

The BSOD comes up with the following messages in the past:
    BAD_POOL_CALLER (The most common one without a doubt)

I understand this isn't much to go on so if you need any information to help you try and solve this issue it would be much appreciated.
  2. SamuelGFM

SamuelGFM TS Rookie Topic Starter

Computer Specs-
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd GA-78LMT-USB3
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad Core Processor 3800 MhZ, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
    RAM: 24GB (Overkill I know, but hey ho)
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
  3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

SamuelGFM likes this.
  4. SamuelGFM

Cheers man for the speedy reply :) I've just updated my video driver and haven't experienced anything yet so looks good! I cant thank you enough, I'll name my firstborn after you!
  5. Tmagic650

You're welcome :) Thanks for stopping by...
  6. SamuelGFM

Seems I was wrong it hasn't been fixed unfortunately :( Literally had a bunch of blue screen errors in a row and there seems to be a break in the storm. Like before the errors being-
  7. Tmagic650

With all that memory, I hate to say, it may be a memory fault. Go to Download version 5.01 and burn it to a disk. Start the computer from this disk and run Memtest 86 for at least 7 passes. No errors are allowed and I suspect that you may get errors right away if you get any. How many memory modules are installed? Only 1 may be bad