TechSpot

Multiple BSOD, usually memory_corruption. Replace RAM?

By Itison
Sep 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

I have been getting some BSODs. It wasn't happening really frequently so I neglected it at first, but now I've gotten 3 this week, including the one that happened 20 minutes ago as I attempted to post a thread here requesting assistance. When analyzing my minidumps, 4/6 say, "Probably caused by : memory_corruption". I've run memtest before heading to work twice. The first time it found one problem on the 6th pass. Today's memtest gave me some results that were... interesting. I don't know if it indicates a problem with the instance of memtest I was running or a problem with the RAM itself.

I've included the bugcheck analysis output from my last 6 minidumps. As I can only include 5 attachments and I can't include images or URLs in my post, the 4th file contains the analyses of last 3 dumps. The jpg is of today's memtest. Everything suggests to me that I need to replace the RAM but I am hoping for a second opinion as I don't have any experience with BSOD issues.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Any errors with memtest and you have corrupted memory that needs to be replaced. Looking at your text files it clearly indicates corrupted memory.