Multiple BSODs (in safemode, and normal) Memory_Management, Bad_pool_header, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, someone brought me a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Windows Vista with either a huge problem, or multiple problems! haha

Upon booting in normal mode, first thing I noticed was I could not run ANY program. Anything I tried running I'd get a Windows Dialog box saying how that program has crashed. After a few minutes I'd get a BSOD.

Booted into safe mode to try and run a virus scan to maybe see what all was going on. It'd scan for a few seconds and then crash, and shortly after that give another BSOD.

I tried doing different things (turning off all startup items, tried getting to the windows update menu, etc) and all created various different BSODs.

I've gotten...

BAD_POOL_HEADER
h**p://i46.tinypic.com/2vah3ew.jpg

irql_not_less_or_equal vista
h**p://i48.tinypic.com/30niyz9.jpg

Memory Management
h**p://i50.tinypic.com/2ch836f.jpg

I might have gotten one other BSOD, but can't remember...

The research I did seemed like a lot of times this has to do with driver problems, she's not 100% sure when all of this started or what's she's installed recently. So this could be kind of fun! haha

Haven't had a problem to this magnitude before, any kind of logs I should post in here?

Please follow the instructions below:

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

* There is a very strong chance that you are looking at corrupted memory. Do you know how to run Memtest?

The two significant minidumps are both 0xA and these can be caused by hardware and both specifically cite corrupted memory as your issue. You need to run Memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

alright I ran the Memtext86 v4.00 and got this screen... if I'm reading it correctly... it failed the first test and got 4008 errors (h**p://i46.tinypic.com/2qi311h.jpg). Guess that's the problem? haha -- need to buy new RAM?

If you even get one error with this test you have to replace your RAM. It can't be fixed. Did you test each stick to see how many you have to replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back