Multiple Computers BSOD after Re-image (Dell o755's)

By Cameron C
Sep 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey everyone, first time posting here, but hoping you could give me a hand.

Every time we re-image one of our o755's we immediately get a BSOD on boot, however booting into safe-mode and uninstalling the audio drivers then booting back normally works.... for about 7 restarts, then the BSOD happens again. We are using Windows XP.

I have tried both up to date drivers and previous versions and this happens. I have 6 computers on my bench right now that are doing this. Our image hasn't changed since May, however these problems just started about 1 month ago.

I have posted up my dump file, hopefully one of you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,459   +135

Any (!) in the device manager?
  3. Cameron C

Cameron C Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

All devices are working correctly upon installation of the drivers, with no errors.
  4. Tmagic650

"Our image hasn't changed since May"... Are the computer's totally updated using Windows Update?
  5. Cameron C

We have SCCM pushing all those updates, sadly we r in the transition towards a full SCCM system, so our old imaging server has had limited updates
  6. Tmagic650

System Center Configuration Manager... The minidumps are flagging drivers like audio, USB and telcom
  7. Cameron C

Thanks, I figured it was that, we may have just found a fix which involves, image comp>blue screen>safe mode>uninstall Audio Drivers>Reboot>Install a specific video driver we found....

Not sure why that is working, but trying it now on 2 other machines.
  8. Tmagic650

Good, keep us posted:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.