Multiple mice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two logitech usb laser mice on my pc. This is so I can use one right handed or left handed without dragging the wire all over the place. My specs;
left hand mouse logitech M-UV55A
right hand mouse logitech M-UR55A (looks just like the other one)
Windows XP pro
usb through Dell monitor ports

My problem is that the cursor moves different amounts with the same movement on either mouse. Plus the right hand mouse has trouble highlighting text and resizing windows. I do not have any idea if they are the same resolution as I have not been able to find that on the logitech site. Is there a test that can measure mouse resolution? Does anyone know how to set the mouse movement individually?

I am trying to avoid the obvious answer, move the mouse from one side of the keyboard to the other when I want it there. Anyone have any ideas about this?

If they aren't the same optical resolution you probably will always have at least the speed/movement issue with defaults. Do either of the mice have their own driver that came on a disk (or is downloadable). Because if so, you may be able to install the mouse driver for that mouse and then adjust it individually.

The other alternative is to buy another mouse that matches one of the ones you are using now, that way they'd behave the same.

Without actually being there or knowing what mice you have, its hard too say.

Windows mouse acceleration will make your cursor move farther per inch the faster you move your mouse. If one hand is faster than your other hand, that mouse will appear more sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back