Multiple Screens setup - ATI Radeon 9600 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a HP NC6000 laptop and a HP 17" TFT screen and i have an ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 series display adaptor. currently my laptop is connected onto a port replicator and i have the sceen plugged into the DVI port on the port replicator and it used to be plugged into the normal monitor port. what i want to do now is to have my 17" monitor showing a movie or a spreadsheet or something else while i have another program working on my primary laptop screen. well... the technically challenged person i am knows what i want but can't get the stupid pc to do it. i have set my display setting to extend my desktop to the 17" monitor but all it does is show me the background wallpaper... how do i get it to do what i want it to? all input is appreciated.

If you can move your mouse across from one screen to the other you have it set up properly. All you need to do is drag the video screen across onto the other monitor ( if it is full size you will have to shrink it down first)

the problem is i can't see the mouse on the other screen... all i can see is my wallpaper. the only time i see the mouse and the other stuff on the other screen is when i have the primary screen turned off and the secondary on.

not sure what is going on here as normally if you can see the wallpaper you can make use of the screen.
Do you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card?
Have you tried switching the primary monitor to the other one?
Are you using the video card software to manage the screens or windows own?
If you can answer yes to these then you may have a compatibility problem.

Hi AlbertLionheart, thanks for the tip. i went to HP site to download drivers and support and loaded the latest drivers and software that they had there and now my machine is doing what i want it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back