Multiple User Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,I have a little problem here. Am using Windows XP service pack 2 and the other day i activated another account so that i now have two accounts.Problem is, when i log on to the first account,the settings are not loaded and i cannot use applications or if I do,I lose the work when I close. Every time I run,say, MS Word, i have to go through a process similar to what i went through during the first installation of the program as if it's the first time am using the application on the computer! PDF reader doesn't load totally, among others programs.
Funny thing is, the other user account is working fine and seems to have "stolen the other user account's settings"! How do I solve this problem without having to deactivate the other user account as it's equally important?
Thanks in advance...

presskevinn said:
,the settings are not loaded and i cannot use applications or if I do,I lose the work when I close.
you're running on the DEFAULT Profile, not the User profile; I would delete this user-id and the files associated with it. Login on an Admin account and Create New User
Every time I run,say, MS Word, i have to go through a process similar to what i went through during the first installation of the program as if it's the first time am using the application on the computer!
this is quite normal for MS Office -- I've seen it many times. It should look like it is installing, but not run thru the choice of features
How do I solve this problem without having to deactivate the other user account as it's equally important?
Thanks in advance...
just delete the bogus ID and keep the good one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back