Music Beta by Google arrives, without help from labels

By Emil
May 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As expected, Google has finally launched its music service, though it's currently an invitation-only beta available just in the US. Rather than being called Google Music, it's going by theā€¦

Read the whole story
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,435   +281

I tried to request an invite but got a 400 error, Bad Request, heh. Anyone successful in trying to get an invite?

Edit: Just tried to request again and it worked.
  3. Yeah, I'm successful in being inviting. What's wrong with you ?
    Download Android freeware here: http://www.zoneandroid.com
  4. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Or you could simply get a sync app/software (or just copy paste lawl lazy?) to do that and save yourself some bandwidth cap, this is a decent idea but it went into the wrong direction in the "upload" part.

Most of all (if not that all) people gets a wireless modem capable of support a really fast sync, rather than waste bandwidth -_-
  5. Ho hum...whats the point of these digital lockers. Why don't people just stream from their home PC's? Must not know how. Actually I was hoping for a all u can download and stream service like Rhapsody. Hopefully Spotify, when it launches, will be a good service..>Who wants to buy music in this day and age?? I want good quality of any song and good apps for the phones or even download to MP3's players..Rhapsody is the only service that does just that for $9.99 a month. We just need more Competition in that sector.
  6. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

This is probably the fourth time this year I've literally said "Meh" out loud...
  7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Unlike most other things, the size of music has remained pretty much constant for the past decade, especially considering the quality you need for your average personal music device. I see licensing becoming more of a problem than storage for companies like Google. Besides, I feel more comfortable with my music of oft dubious origin sitting on my hard drive rather than the cloud.

I actually often prefer the predictive randomness of Pandora when it comes to listening to random music. If I really want a specific album, I'll just load it up on my phone or mp3 player.
  8. tonylukac

tonylukac TechSpot Maniac Posts: 822   +19

Why do 360p youtube videos pause less than 240p videos? Must have lower priority.
  9. BlueNoser

BlueNoser Newcomer, in training

+1

yet another service requiring bandwidth ,when Carriers are constantly finding ways to cap ,slow down or charge extra for Data.

Pay to get on the internet +pay to use

The world use to make fun of AOL and Compuserve in the early days of the internet country road with there premium services

Whether its cloud ,netflix ,steam or any bandwidth grabbing business, included free data with your product

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.