My Acer 4520G BSOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having problems with my acer 4520G its been crashing and also occasionally flashes the ever so problematic BSOD.. I had it repaired in the service center, all they did was reformatted and reinstalled the vista but but still it keeps on doing the BSOD! i had an extra 2gb ram installed in my laptop the day i bought it. Any suggestions? please! i really need to use my laptop efficiently without the fear of getting the BSOD!

Sounds like the HDD is bad or has a problem. They should have replaced the HDD. You can do that yourself.

Could be a bad HDD as I said more likely it's a bad MOBO (motherboard) or RAM Test can show it and then again it may not. Normally the tech will replace the MOBO.

IT department were I was I would order you HDD and MOBO. testing takes time. If you put in another HDD with a new OS the problem should go away. Now if you that and it still does it that means that the MOBO (is bad)

Now another test you can do it this... RAM How much ram is in the system? If you have 2 banks in their take out one. Reboot the system if it still does the same thing. Put back the RAM and take out the other one. Reboot the system. (not system should be off while swapping RAM. If that works then it's a RAM.

Okay laptop could have something bad on the MOBO (motherboard) so that would have to be replace. Let me tell you from experience you could run test and still not find the issue.

Most techs will replace the MOBO, RAM and the HDD to narrow down the problem. On rare times it could be the CPU giving the issues. So run a test. Or better yet find a place that can run all the test for you for $29 bucks and let them give you an estimate to how much it would cost to fix the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back