TechSpot

My browswers won't fully load some pages

By bobpotato
Oct 15, 2007
  1. My browsers won't fully load some pages

Both IE and Firefox won't fully load some pages. I can get some of them to work if I continuously refresh the page but this does not work on all of the pages. I first noticed this on the new hotmail live but this is the same for more complex pages such as journal search engines like JSTOR or Lexis Nexus. I think there might be a correlation to this problem with updating CA's Security Suite but I don't know this for sure. apparently I cannot even attach a HJT.txt to this thread because the attachment button doesn't work for this page either!!! Any ideas?

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,522   +336

most frequently this is a problem with the browser cache;

launch the browser of choice then use the tools menu to EMPTY the cache;

quit the browser. Now restart it, reaccess the page in question, and LEAVE it allow to load all of the resources.

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

I didn't find any information about your system- operating system, Installed RAM, make & model. Do you do any regular maintenance on the system like disc cleanup, Error check, defrag.

The OS is very important as we are seeing a particular set of problems in Vista.

4. bobpotato

bobpotato TS Rookie Topic Starter

deleting cache does not work

Thank you for your prompt reply but unfortunately your suggestion didn't do anything. It seems that the pages that I have problems with are the same for both IE and Firefox. I also read several similar threads and found that the problems that this thread was having is similar to my own however I didn't' feel comfortable using her HJT file to attempt to fix my own problem. For some reason I cannot attach any files so I am not sure how to show you my HJT.txt file.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-33335-Browsers-IE6-Firefox-etc-wont-load-certain-pages.html

5. bobpotato

bobpotato TS Rookie Topic Starter

My OS is XP home service pack 2 Intel 2.2GHz P4 with 768 MB of ram I am running IE7 and Firefox 2.0.07

I run CCleaner all the time and I recently ran Winsockfix, CWS by trend micro I haven't defraged in a while however I just reformatted my computer about 3 months ago. My computer is a (don't laugh) Dell Dimension 2400 that I have had for quite some time now. I also have the CA suite that Tiger direct likes to bundle with other things you buy as my protection and I did notice that when I updated it to the newest version I got an error with IE that said stack overflow at line 106 I downloaded a fix for this at CA's website however I don't think it corrected the problem.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.