My Cmd.exe problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syko735

I have a file in my C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder (my cousin said i shouldn't have a folder called system32..) and when I am online everything is fine, but when the power supply for my cable is pulled out a window called Cmd.exe keeps opening and closing continuosly. Your probably saying, why wont u just stay online? Well, its because I can't go online on weeekdays, so my sis pulls out the power supply for my cable. And when im writing a report or something for school, that thing keeps popping up and closing every 5 seconds. I tried using the Symantec W32. Nimdda Fix Tool, but it still does it. Help?

The System32 folder IS ment to be there, so dont delete it or anything in it.

How long is the cmd window open? Long enough for you to tell us what it says?

It Opens for 2 seconds, closes, opens again for a split second and closes, and it repeats that process. All it is, is like a black window (kind of like a console)

power supply to your cable, to which cable are you refering to?,

sounds like a virus of some kind to me, run your virus checker make sure you have the latest virus definitions before running the check

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

It's most likely not a virus.

It's most likely part of the program used to access the internet through your cablemodem which is trying to determine why your net access is gone.

A way to get around this would be not to remove the power cable to your cablemodem, but instead disconnect the network cable. Then Windows will know what has happened, give you a message once, then shut up about it. When you're allowed to go on the net again, just re-insert the network cable, windows will detect it and you should be set to go. (You might have to restart your computer though)

Hope this helps :)

I disconnected the network cable and still have the problem.. Am i disconnecting the wrong one? Isnt it supposed to be the one where u have to twist a thing to take it off? It's connected to the cable box right? ><

The network cable you want to unplug will be at the back of your computer. Dissconnect it from there. It will be a network cable the same as the rest you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back