My Comp Is Driving Me Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey ppl i really need some help. Heres my delema .

Well i like play the well known game called counter strike but recently i have been having my monitor going to stand by for few seconds after loading windows bars not to mention Constant lock up and freeze like for every 20min or so my game completely freezes and i have to manually restart now i im a intermediate computer builder but i dont want to waste my money on trial and erro :( i suspected 3 compartments to be the culprit PSU RAM and Video card

my CPU TEMP is goes to 37-42 my current CASE TEmp is 42 at the moment.Now i have tryed to fix the problem by replacing my 450Watt with a 350watt temporally just to see if it was my PSU. It worked for alittle but then the crashes happen a gain i even barrowd my friends 256mb Ram chip to see if it was my RAM but one thing i didnt do was try them seperately.And Finally my video card well its a 9600xt 128mb and right now it sits idle at 66C unload 78C is this bad ?? plz help im GOING NUTS feel free to email me @ elunicosk@hotmail.com im a noob at finding messages on forums plz bare with me >< and also a bad speller lol... shh ididnt say that xD

sounds like it could be your video card overheating. one way to find out is open the side of your case and have a fan blowing in on your card and see if the problem appears. what kind of case cooling are you using? 42C seems a bit warm for a case temp.

Yah that temp is high most video cards will lock up or shut down at 80C to protect themselves from frying so that could explain your problems.My advice is to install a slot cooler in the slot next to the card to help cool it. If the warenty is expired on the video card you may want to think about buying an aftermarket cooler for the video card. I woud recomend the
Zalman VF700-Cu VGA Cooler
or
AOC Arctic Cooling For ATI Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back