My computer does not start, blank screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I have a self made PC with Winfast Foxconn MB, AMD64 3000+ socket 754,
ATI 9250 AGP.

I installed everything, connected the cables but the computer does not turn on. I receive a blank screen and nothing else.

The MB and proccesor worked previously on a different system that I have upgraded.

What can it be?

The FANs are working, I can not turn it off from the power button.

Please help me.

If you get no beeps Id suspect a bad connection... I have seen this on the CPU. Simply remove it and reseat it. I have also seen bad AMD boards do that. I saw on two seperape occasions exactly what you describe... if I let them sit there for 5 minutes to warm up and then restart them they worked. In that case the problem could be cold solder connections somewhere on the mobo. Not a good situation as most computer users dont have the skill or equipment to find that type of problem.

Does not work

Thank you for your answer.
I tried that too but still does not work.
Interesting is that I am able to turn on the computer from the power button on the computer case but I can not turn it off from there.

I tested the video card and it works fine on another system.

Is there any possibility to check the connections on the moterboard?

Thanks

Cpu

dbmgeo said:
Thank you for your answer.
I tried that too but still does not work.
Interesting is that I am able to turn on the computer from the power button on the computer case but I can not turn it off from there.

I tested the video card and it works fine on another system.

Is there any possibility to check the connections on the moterboard?

Thanks
If you can't turn it off once it's on, something's probably wrong with your CPU.

Hi,
First of all can you here the system beep sound when you switch on your computer? If yes is it a single beep or continious one? Try removing all the components connected to your Mother board and try powering on you computer. Sometimes improperly connected components may cause this problem especially hard disc cable. And one thing try to reset your bios setting by resetting it using the bios default jumper on your motherboard. You can locate it by refering your MB manuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back