My Computer Does Not Turn on, Just Beeps continuously

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer do not turn on just beeps continuously,i made a mistake taking out the processor , i pulled out and i broke it, and then i buy a new one the Same One But A New one and its corrected installed , but the computer dont turn on just beep continuously, and the monitor i think is not detected !! if anyone know what can i do i really appreciate that !!! thanks !! i Have a
Emachines W3118 AMD Sempron 3100+Processor1.8 GHz/ 256 KB L2 Cahe/1600 MHz System Bus

Nearly every motherboard has beep codes that tell you what is wrong. Look for a very good recent list by Tedster, which will tell you what is wrong with the computer or motherboard, based on the beep codes or beep pattern.
Often the continuous beep shows an failure of the CPU, or the CPU socket. Are you certain all pins are in, and none are bent?
EMachines W3118 sold at Wal-Mart is one of the 14 models with a very high motherboard failure rate. This could mean your motherboard is dead. It is $177.50, plus shipping, to replace it.
Look at Tedsters list for beep codes related to that board. I cannot remember if he included eMachines codes.

adansonador said:
my computer do not turn on just beeps continuously,i made a mistake taking out the processor , i pulled out and i broke it, and then i buy a new one the Same One But A New one and its corrected installed , but the computer dont turn on just beep continuously, and the monitor i think is not detected !! if anyone know what can i do i really appreciate that !!! thanks !! i Have a
Emachines W3118 AMD Sempron 3100+Processor1.8 GHz/ 256 KB L2 Cahe/1600 MHz System Bus

Its because either 2 reasons
1.) RAM cards aren't in right
2.) HardDrive isn't in right (or wrong plug)

How do I know this? Because My dell computer worked fine one day until I took both of those out and put them back in, and when I put it back in that happened

I'm Jake said:
Its because either 2 reasons
1.) RAM cards aren't in right
2.) HardDrive isn't in right (or wrong plug)

How do I know this? Because My dell computer worked fine one day until I took both of those out and put them back in, and when I put it back in that happened

add video card is defective or not in right

a problem of my own:(

Tedster's beep code list.

New here...
Need help!

I've been trying for months to ascertain wtf is causing a repetitive, elongated beep coming from my Emachines W3118 cpu. I Googled the code along w/ the word 'beep'. The first link led to adansonador's posting on this site. I found raybay's response referring the user w/ the same/similar problem, to Tedster's list of beep codes. I've tried searching the website but it returns a huge pile of results.

Is this list still available?? Would someone pls tell me how/where to find it??

THANK YOU!!

New here...
Need help!

I've been trying for months to ascertain wtf is causing a repetitive, elongated beep coming from my Emachines W3118 cpu. I Googled the code along w/ the word 'beep'. The first link led to adansonador's posting on this site. I found raybay's response referring the user w/ the same/similar problem, to Tedster's list of beep codes. I've tried searching the website but it returns a huge pile of results.

Is this list still available?? Would someone pls tell me how/where to find it??

THANK YOU!!
The link is 4 posts back down this thread. The person that posted the "Tedster's Complete BIOS Beep Guide" link in this thread is Tedster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back