My Computer Keeps Restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having problems with my computer continuously restarting ever since I tried installing a labeling program called burn & go gold. Everything on my computer was working great until I downloaded that program. After it installed it said I had to restart my computer to finish setup. So I clicked on the button that said restart now and my computer shutdown and restarted. Now the problem is that ever since the first time I did the restart after installation my computer continually restarts before I can even get on my login screen. I tried putting it in safe mode but it just restarts. Is there away to get my computer to stop restarting long enough to try and fix the problem by either removing that program or doing a system restore?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please don`t use all capitals in your posts. It is called shouting and is considered rude.

Try doing a Windows repair, as per this thread HERE. It might help.

If doing a repair doesn`t help. Take out your hard drive and put it in another computer as slave. Get your important data off of the drive. Replace it into your system and reformat and reinstall.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

please use lowercase when writing - it appears like you're "yelling" online.

what kind of errors are you getting when it shuts down? It sounds like you acquired a trojan.

thank you tedster

When I start my computer it shows the windows login screen and then it goes to my accounts screen. When I click on my account to sign into my account it just says that windows is restarting and it just keeps doing the same thing after it restarts. I am not getting any error messages. I am very new to these kinds of problems and I am not sure what I should do. I hate to spend the money taking it to the repair shop if it would be something I could fix easily.I did read the artical about repairing windows xp and not really understanding it. I dont have a windows xp disk that is registered to my computer. My boyfriend has one but it is registered to his computer. I was told that once it is registered on one computer it can't be used on another.

he is correct. You can only run windows on one machine at a time per CD. However, the repair function is not CD specific.

Your windows registry and/or boot sector may be corrupt. This can be caused by viri / trojans and the like. If you are not able to boot in safe mode and/or repair the OS, you will have to reformat and reload your OS - and yes, you will lose any saved data.

I certainly hope you have your OS and data backed up to a second hard disk drive. That way you don't have to format, you can restore your data. ALWAYS have a backup device like a second hard disk - unless you like loading a gazillion DVDs, CDs, zip disks, etc...

if retrieving your data off the hard disk from a second computer, ensure you have all virus and trojan safeguards in place, you don't want to export any crap to another computer.

OK have a good look on teh casing of your PC is there a sticker that has a product key on it it will look something like this:
Product Key Sticker
If you have one of these then you can do a repair for your system using your boyfriends disk
All you have to do then is enter this key when prompted for a product key
Hope This Helps
Chris
:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back