My computer keeps turning off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be just surfing the web or listening to music and all of a sudden the computer shuts off! It does it very often , and then refuses to restart for a couple of minutes.. It's extremly frustrating. Anything that can be done?

maybe the cooling sys aint working ..that's y the sys refuses to power on for a couple of mins ... else, if it was some other problem, the pc would have powered on

could be your cooling fan isn't working. This is what keeps the CPU cool. To know for sure is to remove the panel from the computer and see if the fan is spinning inside on the CPU chip.

It happened to me, it's not that expensive to replace.

Best of luck.

hmm...sounds familiar,i use have a similar problem with my old pc which was a p4,so what i did was opened the chasis and check for faulty connections(the 4pin 12v rail which was not plugged in),remove the processor from the processor bed and put it back again.it did solve the problem so try it,might just work for ya.hope it helps:)

Have you overclocked anything? If not the problem most likely lies in the cooling system for your cpu and or your power supply.

I'm with the people that say it's your CPU. What model CPU do you have? Some have an automatic shut down if it gets too hot, and it won't let you turn it back on for a while. That is probably your problem.

I know this is an old post, but for those researching this same issue, this may help.
I have had this same problem, and after checking cooling, cpu, power supply, memory, and video card, it turned out to be a short in the reset switch (either in the switch itself or in the motherboard). I simply unplugged all of the switch wires from my MOBO (reset, HDD LED, power LED) except for the power switch wire. Problem solved! you may try this before purchasing any new equipment.

I went thru 3 mobos, 2 ABIT and a Biostar with same problem.
Bopught a new ASUS , same problem, dealer took it back and gave me another ASUS, same problem, only worse.
I had taken the mobos out, double checked mountings all looked good.
Removed mobo, placed it on a towel, ran like a champ.
Finally took the anti static envelope, trimmed it to fit over the mobo, NO PROBLEMS SINCE THEN. CHECK YOUR SHORTS :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back