My Computer Restarts itself randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
At random times my comp just restarts, i could be watching a video, playing a game or just surfing the internet.

I just went to my computer/start up and recovery and turned off the check box "automatically restart" on system failure and then it crashed and this came up

Blue screen of death

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

It gives some warning about New hardware installed, but this is a new computer i got the computer 2 or 3 months ago(its still under warrenty)

Technicall info:
0x0000004E (0x0000008F, 0x0000F5C8, 0x0000F5D8, 0x00000000)

i don't know if that means anything

My System Spec's
Sempron 2800+
512 DDR ram
Mainboard - Nvidia nForce 3 250GB Chipset Based MSI K8N NEO *note this is a Athlon mainboard but has sempron support

Hi there, have similar problem. My system just restarts whenever it wants to basically. It could be sitting idle, surfing, movie or music playing. Dont know what is wrong. Its fairly new system and its bugging me cause i use it a lot and to lose work is a pain.

My system specs are:

Atlhon 64 - 3.4GHz
Mainboard - Nvidia nForce 3 250GB Chipset Based MSI K8N NEO
1,024 DDR Ram, 3x250Gb SATA. 1x120gb ATA, 550Watt PSU
M-Audio Firewire 1814, Novation X-Station 49

I have run memtest which came out clean, and tested all drives with their manufacturer tools and 3rd party ones. Everything is clean like new.
I have also updated to latest Bios, agp and all other drivers but still the problem persists. My event log shows up only on System tab this TCP/IP warning:
EventID = 4226 - Category= none
Type= warning - Source=TCP/IP

"TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

I notice that we have the same mobo. could it be something to do with it???
Can anyone share a light into our mizzerie ?

thanks in advance

thnx for the reply.

have tested though my memory as i said with memtest and came out clean. also tried other tools to completely test everything on the system. one of them that i quite like is microscope especially good for memory/mobo and hd tests amongst other.
either way, my system is virtually new and no faults appear anywhere. is there something else that i am missing? something with motherboard? (as i share the same mobo with the guy who has the same problem with me and started this thread)? or maybe a conflict of ..?

any help much appreciated.

mke said:
thnx for the reply.

have tested though my memory as i said with memtest and came out clean. also tried other tools to completely test everything on the system. one of them that i quite like is microscope especially good for memory/mobo and hd tests amongst other.
either way, my system is virtually new and no faults appear anywhere. is there something else that i am missing? something with motherboard? (as i share the same mobo with the guy who has the same problem with me and started this thread)? or maybe a conflict of ..?

any help much appreciated.
Sorry I missed that part in your post. I still believe that the first post may most likely has a memory problem. From yoru erro message it sounds like you may have something going on with some spyware or a virus with that error message referring to too many TCP connections.

What are you running for virus and spyware protection?

hi, thanks for such a quick reply back.

i dont think its a virus/adware/spyware as i reformated my system 3 days ago. in addition i am running a gateway and firewall before this system which protects to some extent (shorewall). also have sygate pro on this system and kapevsky antivir soft. Either way have again tested and scanned system and seems clean. I generally have many tcp connection when i open my dc hub, but this is another topic. The thing is that the system might restart at any point, whether i am doing something or not, hence i cannot locate it via trial and error of softs.
I thought that it might be a driver thing, but m-audio and ati dont seem to have a known issue on this, nore any other hardware to my knowledge.

anyways hope for some light to this pickle.
thanks again
if u have any other ideas please let me know as i am getting pretty frustrated on my old/new system restarts.

Jimbo420 said:
Are any of the caps on the motherboard buldgeing or anything on them?

?? i am not quite sure what you mean with this. the motherboard is like new, bought it 2 months ago. have tested though the mobo with microscope diagnostic soft and it came out clean. looks like new, nothing weegling or moving.
anyways, am going to sleep.

gnight and hope to dream the solution :)

Open up your case and make sure that all the capasitors looks normal. Meaning flat on top and don't see to have any crusty stuff on them like when batter leases a littel bit of fluid in say our TV remote or something like that. If you see anything like that you have a bad mobo and it will need to be replaced, or RMAed since it should still be under warranty.

Jimbo420 said:
Open up your case and make sure that all the capasitors looks normal. Meaning flat on top and don't see to have any crusty stuff on them like when batter leases a littel bit of fluid in say our TV remote or something like that. If you see anything like that you have a bad mobo and it will need to be replaced, or RMAed since it should still be under warranty.

Hello,

ok checked my motherboard for any capasitors to be leeking and for anything un-normal but mobo seems good (besides a little dust which i cleaned up to make it shini again). about 10 minutes though my system restarted and showed my the blue screen. The message on it was:
"Technical Information

STOP: 0x0000008E (OxC0000005, 0xBF8055F0, 0xAA724BC8,
0x00000000)
win32k.sys - Address BF800000, Datestamp 43446a58

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete

Contant your sys admin or tech........"

I searched on the event viewer and have 4 error entries with eventID 1003 and categoryID (102).
This is contained on every error

(1st) Time:05:35:27
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000014, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 a97e65e2.

(2nd) Time 05:35:37
Error code 000000de, parameter1 00000002, parameter2 e2074f94, parameter3 e2074f94, parameter4 0c2678c6.

(3rd) Time 05:35:39
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 804db55f, parameter3 ae45facc, parameter4 00000000.

(4th) Time 05:35:41
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bf8055f0, parameter3 aa724bc8, parameter4 00000000.

Microsoft knowledge database doesnt contain any additional information on this.

Is there anything i can do to see what caused this? I just lost again some work i was doing and its really frustrating to see this happening all the time.
thanks in advance.

Looks like you might be haing problems with some diver conflicts. I would look on in C:\windows\minidump and see if there are any files in there. If there are multiple zip about 5 or 6 of them together and then I would make a new post in the windows OS forum about needing help reading yoru minidumps. Hopefully you will have some there that can help with that and shed some more light onto your problem.

hi, thanks again for the reply.

i got another blue screen an hour ago, this time with a mouclass.sys file instead violation on address. i'll make an new post on the forum u suggested. thanks for all the help.
babye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back