My cpu is constantly running at 100% help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I justed did a clean install of my operating system now my cpu is constantly running at100%. My system specs are for the cpu 3.0 ghz with HT and 512mb ram.

Maybe you have a virus

Could be that you have a virus, Last time I did a clean istall, i got one doing windows update.

Hey, buy another 512! too, :hotbounce

You may have a memory resident virus

some viruses get nto the mamory. you need to run nortons SW 2005 premier w updated AV disk

or

update your onboard av and run it

sikhfella88-
press CONTROL+SHIFT+ESCAPE all at once to open the task manager. select the tab labeled processes, and click the header in the CPU column, thus sorting your processes by thier cpu usage. reply which processes are generally taking up the most CPU usage, and give thier percentages.

before you go off and do that, answer me this: does this machine have any antivirus software/protective firewall? if not, then i reccomend AVG free edition (free.grisoft.com) and sygate personal firewall. failure to use said software could easily result in malicious software bogging down your system.

uninstall zone alarm then, if it is 'hogging' your cpu time. i reccomend sygate personal firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back