My cybershot won't turn back on

I took pictures last night & this morning, but this afternoon - when I turn the camera on the lens goes in and out 3 or 4 times then I get a message on the screen that says turn camera off and back on. I have done that repeatedly, took out the battery, plugged the bettery into its charger, nothing works. I got this for Christmas just a couple years ago, so its not that old. What is going on? I need an answer ASAP. I have flown across the coutnry to see my brandnew grand son for the holiday weekend for the first time & now I can't take pictures! HELP! Please write sallies2 at the yahoo.

Sony camera problem.

This could be happening for several reasons. The camera could have a software /firmware fault, or it could be a problem with something preventing the lens from moving as it should.
But it's just as likely to be the Li-ion battery not holding a charge as it used to.
If you have a mains adapter, try that instead of the battery, see if it works then.
You may need to buy a new battery, as they don't last for more than a couple of years, especially with heavy use.
If you can get the screen on using the mains adapter, go into the menu and do a 'factory reset'. Take the memory stick out first.
All faults are repairable, but you would do well to get a quote first, as a new camera may be cheaper, (unfortunately).
The pictures on your memory stick are not affected by camera faults, as a rule, but if you have another one, try it, just in case there is a problem with the edge connector on it.

Back