My Dell Is On Fire!!! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjbrand99

Lol... yesterday my brothers Dell Inspiron laptop caught fire! He was gaming on it... then he started to hear dodgey sounds and smell burning... i ran in at the point too see a small flame flicker out of the side.... i picked it up and threw it outside... i then proceeded to stamp on it 'till it went out.

I do have pictures of the aftermath.. but they are being processed currently... i will uploa them ASAP! they will be the talk of TechSpot for weeks!!!

Sjbrand99 said:
Lol... yesterday my brothers Dell Inspiron laptop caught fire! He was gaming on it... then he started to hear dodgey sounds and smell burning... i ran in at the point too see a small flame flicker out of the side.... i picked it up and threw it outside... i then proceeded to stamp on it 'till it went out.

I do have pictures of the aftermath.. but they are being processed currently... i will uploa them ASAP! they will be the talk of TechSpot for weeks!!!

Ummmm..............OK, not really but whatever.:confused:

Sjbrand99 said:

Hmm, you could've also just threw water on it. Well, I would report that to Dell right away, that could've been a fatal fire if not caught (let's say, you're brother went into another part of the house for something and it happened when he was away). You never know when another recall could happen.

You don't want to throw water on a laptop battery fire. They contain lithium, lithium and water don't play nice, could even explode sending burning bits to various places in the room.

SNGX1275 said:
You don't want to throw water on a laptop battery fire. They contain lithium, lithium and water don't play nice, could even explode sending burning bits to various places in the room.

True, but stomping on it wouldn't help either, right? Maybe a little sand or foam would've put it out.

Assuming the battery was made by Sony, isn't the recall on those batteries continuing? Of course, you would have to verify it was one of the applicable Sony batteries. If you're lucky, maybe you can get your whole laptop replaced.

cfitzarl said:
True, but stomping on it wouldn't help either, right? Maybe a little sand or foam would've put it out.
Yeh, anything to take the Oxygen away. Or just let it burn.

Out of all these batteries that have problems, only a few have ever caught fire. Usually if one does its all over the web. So I'll be looking foward to the pictures for proof this actually happened.

SNGX1275 said:
Yeh, anything to take the Oxygen away. Or just let it burn.

Out of all these batteries that have problems, only a few have ever caught fire. Usually if one does its all over the web. So I'll be looking foward to the pictures for proof this actually happened.

I saw an article in the NY Times that indicated that Sony's profits were only around $15,000,000.00; a 93% loss of what they usually make! I guess a little quality and testing wouldn't help them by now...

Please post those pics :)

I am currently using a laptop, I hope it does not boooommm too:hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back