My download speed problems

Hi I am just wondering why I get such slow download speeds when my internet is very good. I average around 300kb/sec but it fluctuates so much from under 100kb/sec- over 1mb/sec. Ive only seen it go as high as 1.4mb/sec correct me if im wrong but i do believe i should still get a higher download speed? below is a link to my speedtest .net....... 48mbits /sec download speed, 2.89 up speed, 18 ping

speedtest.net/result/ 1589552537.png

Could be your provider. With whom or what service are you connected?
Also, it could be right there on your system. As you know, the actual usable speed is limited by the slowest component... software, memory, motherboard, etc.
Can you try it at a friend or other known connection that you know to be fast, as a first step?

My internet provider is shaw. I dont have any friends that have close to the same mbits/sec dl speed. The highest is 10 mbits and i get to about 1mb/sec dl speed using my computer at their house.

h10025.www1.hp. com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=fe&docname=c01804106&lc=en&product=4005946 <---- link to my computer specs. but i have upgraded graphics card and power supply

Motherboard
MS-7548 (Aspen)
Processor
Phenom X4 9650
Processor upgrade information
Memory
8 GB
Video graphics
ATI Radeon HD4600 series
Sound/Audio
Integrated Realtek ALC888S Audio
TV-Tuner
Hauppauge NTSC and ATSC
Networking
LAN: 10-Base-T
802.11 b/g wireless USB adapter card
Hard drive
750 GB
CD/DVD disc drive
Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner with LightScribe Technology drive
Memory Card Reader
15-in-1 multimedia card reader with passive IR receiver
Computer Case
Mid-size ATX

You have partially answered your own question. Nothing can be done here, I suspect. Time to have some on-site testing of your system to see what may be awry.

Back