My External HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone, i have a Western Digital 500GB external Hard Drive, I have a Windows Vista OS and the hard drive has been running smoothly every since. However, since yesterday morning its just not being read, i tried everything, reinstalling, unplug for a couple secs then plug back again, tried a couple tests and still nothing from it. The computer recognizes it when i plug it in it makes the sound and when i check the safely remove device, the hard drive shows up in there, its just that in My Computer there is no drive located there. Does this mean that my hard drive is dead?? or is there some "miracle" technique please i have used 420GB of this HD, i find it so hard to lose all of it like that please if someone out there knows of this kinda problem and has a solution, im asking for your help

Thank you

yes, i have tried on my macbook, as well as at my job on both xp and vista and i got nothing, it was showing up as Local Disk P: instead of Beri Stuff P: and i couldnt access, but now im just not getting anything

Right click on "My Computer" & click on Manage. Once the application is up, look for Disk Management in the lower left area. It will show you all the installed hard drives on your system & their status. See what it says for the external drive.

ok, i have done that, the problem is that it dosen't show up =(

EDIT: after i have tried a couple time i connected the drive. the computer makes the sound whenever you add something of a usb source, i went to disk management and say the following

Disk 5 *with a red down arrow beside it*
Unknown
Unreadable

Whenever i right click and hit properties, it shows the manufacturer and everything and says that the device is working properly.

thats what is there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back