My first build what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drneves7

First I would like to thank everbody who helped me out on this. Thanks a bunch. Well like it says this is my first build. I am already way over budget this was just suppossed to be an overhaul so much for that. And on the video card I am going cheap because I plan on upgrading to a direct x10 card as soon as I can afford to. Well I can use any input you have on this and especially if you see any incompatability issues. Or if I am just messing up real bad on something. Also am I missing anything? Sorry about the long post.

Here is the build

XION II XON-103 Black 69.99 minus 20.00 Rebate

COOLER MASTER eXtreme 49.99 minus 20.00 Rebate

GIGABYTE 965G-DS3 149.99

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 191.00

Seagate 320GB 7200 16MB 99.99 minus 20.00 Rebate

Corsair TWINX Dual Channel 1024MB PC6400 DDR2 122.00

XFX GeForce 7600 GS
109.99 minus 40.00 Rebate

LG Black 18X DVD Burner 29.99

Total cost $785.91 w/ tax and shipping after rebates. And only $300 over budget for my the overhaul that this started as.

What do you think and is there any compatability problems that you can see here.

Thanks Dominic

Edit: Removed cyan colour to make it easier to read.

Looks good. You can get that processor $1 cheaper at newegg. Be sure you are diligent about those rebates, I've heard getting rebates from TigerDirect is always a chore.

Note: I only looked at the processor for price comparison, not the other parts.

Don't forget to allow some money for the operating system. Also, if you are getting Windows XP, you might want to add a floppy drive to facilitate the installation of the SATA drivers.

mailpup said:
Don't forget to allow some money for the operating system. Also, if you are getting Windows XP, you might want to add a floppy drive to facilitate the installation of the SATA drivers.

Good advise mailpup...

And yes,
my one and only transaction with Tiger Direct had a rebate... that I never received

SNGX1275 said:
Looks good. You can get that processor $1 cheaper at newegg. Be sure you are diligent about those rebates, I've heard getting rebates from TigerDirect is always a chore.

Note: I only looked at the processor for price comparison, not the other parts.

Unfortunetly I live in California so I have to pay $13.78 for tax.

Dominic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back