My First Internet Browser

Sep 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I'm just curious about the internet browser that you first used and what can you say about it?

:) I started browsing on internet in 1998 using NETSCAPE. I can't remember much of each performance, all I can remember now is that it took me so long to open the site - so slow like a worm :cool: but then I was already so happy with it because I was able to access internet. Only few have internet connection that time and it was not at home but in our office.
  2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,378   +2,167

Netscape, back around '97. Used it exclusively for checking up on NASCAR and playing web-based Pokemon games. And contrary to popular belief, it wasn't "slow like a worm". It was even slower...And that was when it wanted to run fast.
  3. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Addict Posts: 599   +57

I used Netscape around 2006 lol(still have it installed(old version) on one of my computers), then changed to internet explorer and I remember that all the extensions I had took up half of my screen:p
  4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,552   +332

Don't remember the year(s), but, Netscape & then IE then a friend told me about Firefox. I used it but couldn't get used to it cause I loved IE. Long story short, I bounced back & forth between IE & Firefox before finally settling on Firefox. :)