My Graphic card keeps malfunctioning

Hello,
I need help to fix my desktop . Please read and see if you can help me.
my graphic card became so weird lately . it started with a black screen I restarted my PC then it opened windows after disabling graphic card . and whenever I try to reinstall the graphic drive and restart it will get stuck after windows logo with a black screen.

This was the issue that I dealt with till yesterday , I tried to fix it with re-installing a fresh copy of windows 7 but that didn't fix it .
then I found a post of someone who has the same issue on a laptop. and some one gave him a solution that seemed to work with everyone (laptops owners), it was:
1- remove battery
2- press power button for 30 sec to 2 min
3- put battery back and open ur pc

And surprisingly when I did the same on my desktop it worked . and I completed my re installation of my windows and drivers and everything was ok.
till I re-installed a game I was playing before . and opened it and started playing again . and same problem with black screen happened again . and now my windows disabled the graphic card .

I really wish to know what is the issue ? is it a graphic card dying issue ? or is it a power supply issue ? or motherboard malfunction ?

My specs are :
1- intel i7-3820 @3.6 Ghz.
2- 16 GB ram
3- gtx 780 graphic card

recently I added an SSD 120 GB , but the problem didn't start right after I added it , it was almost a month after.

I know I am missing lots of tech info. Please ask me for any more information u need and I will try to provide it ( will appreciate if u tell me how to get it )

I read the guidelines and I attached the minidump folder. and the specs are:
Motherboard: MSI
Power supply (including wattage): coolermaster 650 watt
CPU (processor): intel i7 3820 @3.6 Ghz.
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics card: gtx 780
Sound card (if any): Nvidia and realtek

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    126.3 KB · Views: 1
My thought is that there is an issue with Direct X. Dxdiag might confirm that - try running it.

If it is the problem, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113
Since the problem started again , I always get black screen , or the blue screen thing with lots of text (happens whenever I try to reinstall the graphic driver)
But when I am able to open windows it opens after it disables the graphic card .
so dxdiag can't see the graphic card . attached r images of the resultxdiagsum.PNG xdiagdisplay.PNG

I'm pretty blind to what your problem really is and a bit confused by your description.. What is your motherboard?... What is running graphics when your card isn't? ... What are your BIOS settings for graphics? ... Do you have a manual for your motherboard and have you checked your BIOS allows your video card? ... with battery removed, you probably reset BIOS and that worked for a bit - so, can you try Load Defaults in BIOS?

Once you have some kind of reliable operation, check Device Manager for devices with faults - does your display card show? what condition is it?

Motherboard info:
motherboard.PNG
I reset my bios to default , this is a screenshot of device manager
devicemanager.PNG

this is the error msg that I get from windows when I finally able to open it after countless restarts:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8015A4C010
BCP2: FFFFF88015BCA1D0
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

OK, still tough to piece together, but clearer. I think what is happening is that the video card is not getting enough power - it needs 250watts or so (it may even be more if not a 'standard' model) - this means both a 6-pin and a 8-pin in addition to 75w from the PCIe slot.

Exercise static prevention... grounding strap of equivalent.
First, detach power, remove card, examine card and connectors and motherboard slot carefully under strong light, look for brown or black spots. If other end of connectors not hard soldered in PSU, make sure remove and re-attach fully.

Consider removing fan shroud and cleaning...(see YouTube for video instruction)
Consider replacing thermal paste...(see YouTube...)

Reinstall card - confirm both power connectors are fully attached - boot to see how it goes.

Remove the old drivers... some folks use https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html ( I haven't, so cannot say if it is easy or truly effective) ... and reboot computer (it should let you).

Now try to install new drivers.

If it won't, then you may want to check the video card on another system.

Back