TechSpot

My Hard disk stopped working on mac

By jonaroan
Aug 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. So I have a 21.5 inch İmac mid 2011.Its a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. So I bought this hard disk (Samsung 500gb ST3500) a year or two ago and then did the correct formatting so it could run on the mac.This summer I took it off my mac for about a month and now I felt like listening to Wilko's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and realized it was on the hard disk so I put it back on and now its not showing up? It was fine before.

I tried going in disk utilities and it shows up there so I verified it and although it didn't notify me for any repairments I still clicked on repair and it didn't help.Theres a lot more info there then just that album, a whole lot of great movies , tv shows and a big library of great music that I was looking forward to get back into, as well as a couple programs also plug ins for my ableton , so now I cant open up my projects either. So I really don't wanna format it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated , theres a lot of info on this hard disk.

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,685   +333

In Disk Utility, does the disk show a partition? If so, highlight that partition, and then in the bottom left of that window there will be a blue clickable 'link'. Click that.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.