My integrated graphics won't work

lalalandowns

Hey guys... I just got a new EVGA GTX650 ti boost superclocked. I just put it in and I was not getting any signal to my monitor. I tried VGA, HDMI and DVI. Nothing worked and when I took it out to try booting with my integrated graphics, I didn't get any signal to my monitor. All of my connections and wires are connected properly, my power supply is the right voltage and has enough power to support my graphics card. My hard drives are spinning but I cant access my BIOS. I have tried everything that is common. I know my graphics card is not defective and im thinking that it might be my motherboard. Any suggestions?

You were using integrated graphics before the discrete card? It's strange that your onboard isn't working if it was before hand. Usually it's just a overlooked cable or something plugged in the wrong place. Did you make any changes to BIOS? Some boards require you to change the primary display adapter to PCIE or onboard. Maybe a BIOS reset will help the situation. I doubt there is any issues with the MOBO itself. I suggest stripping the build down to nothing but the bear essential components for operation. This way you can isolate the issue a lot easier.

I had a basic HP pavilion and switched it to a different case. I got a 730 watt power supply. I didn't make any changes in the bios before switching it. I cant get to the bios because I cant see the start up. I know all of the cables are in the correct. How would I get to the bios with this issue? I cant get a signal to my monitor

Well, since you did switch the case it's possible that a component could have been damaged. What brand is your 730 PSU? Furthermore, are you positive the CPU and MOBO power connectors are properly seated? Try what I suggested about stripping it to just the core components.

As for BIOS, you can't get into BIOS of course if you aren't getting a signal. When I suggested resetting bios - it can be done a couple of ways. You can re-seat your CMOS battery. Some boards even have a button to reset bios.

My PSU is a raidmax 730 watt modular. I know the motherboard and CPU connecters are seated correctly. I will try stripping it down to just what it needs to run. I just find it weird that it still wont run with just integrated. Everything is the same as with my other case only with a different power supply and graphics card. I looked at a lot of different diagrams of my MOBO so I know that all wires are properly connected and all are seated correctly.

It's very unlikely that your onboard video became faulty. Now, it is possible that your 650TI is bad. But, that wouldn't explain the "No signal" when using the onboard. So, I don't think its an graphics card issue. It's something else amiss.

I figured out that my Jumper on my motherboard had broken. It will boot with my integrated graphics but not with my graphics card. I put my card in my brothers computer and it worked. My brothers graphics card works in my computer. I cant get to the BIOS to disable my integrated graphics because it says that I have to have another graphics card in to disable my integrated

Interesting, what sort of card does your brother have? It's strange that his card works in your build but not your own. But, yours works in his.

Guys I have an intel Q965/Q963 express family chipest on board graphics and I cant play any kind of games I can even play games which require only 128 mb of graphics but mine is 256 mb.can u tell why.

Back