My Mac Laptop Hates only my home internet and freezes due to it

My laptop, a mac with os 10.6.8 has been freezing a lot lately. The programs will freeze and become irresponsive but the mouse is movable despite being spinny. I usually shut it down at that point.
I just went out with my laptop and on a different internet server it lasted for two hours (the entire time I was gone) without crashing. I went home and it lasted less than five minutes before a crash.
I then disabled AirPort and it wouldn't crash but as you know we need internet in this day in age so simply not using it is not an option.
Background info: This problem did not used to happen however occasionally it would lose the host of the internet and the internet would not work but every other device it would work. This would resolve itself in a matter of minutes however. Also, someone grabbed my IP a couple weeks before this started happening so maybe that has something to do with it.
Thank you for your time.

Power off the Airport & Mac. Restart the Airport, wait at least 30 sec and then restart the Mac

Power off the Airport & Mac. Restart the Airport, wait at least 30 sec and then restart the Mac
Nice Bearcat :D Grumman planes are nice but have you seen the Vought F4U Corsair? It's my dream to fly/buy one of those.
Anyways that didn't seem to resolve the issue D:

Nice Bearcat :D Grumman planes are nice but have you seen the Vought F4U Corsair?
Anyways that didn't seem to resolve the issue D:
re Planes - - OH YEAH. Planes of Fame in Chino, CA is accessible. Has a F4U-1 out of the box. Long time student of aviation.

If you have other browsers than Safari, try them too, or try to download Firefox for Mac.

Clear all cookies and disable all add-ons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Want a great vacation? Get to the Reno Air Races first/second week in Sept. You'll see'm all. One year there was a rare F8F Tiger Cat.

re Planes - - OH YEAH. Planes of Fame in Chino, CA is accessible. Long time student of aviation.

If you have other browsers than Safari, try them too, or try to download Firefox for Mac.

Clear all cookies and disable all add-ons.
Well I have google chrome but everything seems to crash whilst it is connected to the internet.
Also here did you mean to unplug my router that provides the internet or just airport on the mac? I originally did airport on the mac but maybe I misunderstood.

[in re] the Reno Air Race, I will have to check that out.

I ment to Poff the router by whatever name, the Mac and restore power in the same order.

While router is off & Mac still running, launch Chrome - - do you still freeze? If so, delete it, download a fresh copy and reinstall.

Back