My monitor goes black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i have bought a Diamond Stealth Radeon 9250 256mb PCI graphics card.
After i disabled my onboard graphics card , just like the manual said, i connected my samsung syncmaster 700df monitor ( i know it sucks :[ ) to my graphics card, but when i turned on my computer , my monitor was black, but my computer was running fine. When i connected the monitor back to my onboard it turned back on.

I am not really sure what the problem is.. I am sure I have everything for the system require for the graphics card EXCEPT super vga compatible or dvi-i compatible which i do not what it means.

I would really like help :]... Thank you

-------- Edit --------

I would like to know how to find out if your monitor is super vga compatible or not..

Did you install the Daimond Stealth's drivers? You probably have to lower or raise the vertical refresh rate

havent installed em yet because my monitor keeps going black :[..
and i have issues installing them. when i put in the the CD and click CD drive, it freezes...

Does the monitor display the boot up screen and then go black entering Windows? If it does, press F8 before the screen goes black and select VGA mode and reboot.

Go to ATI's website:

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Select the Radeon 9200 series driver. Use this driver, and do not use the one supplied on the CD. It doesn't matter that the video card is a Diamond Stealth. The heart of the board is an ATI Radeon 9250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back