My monitor goes bright when ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkisspartan

when i turn my computer on, my monitor turns very bright for some reason. my card is nvidia geforce 6100...to fix this problem i have to run a game then exit the game and the monitor goes back to normal. is there anyway to do this without opening/closing a game?because i want it to be normal when the computer is turned on. my monitor is a LG 77N by the way. thanks

You can always uninstall the NVidia drivers and then reinstall. That would probably refresh whatevr ails your video settings (unless someone has tinkered with the in-monitor stuff).

Same prob.--was told the card may be loose in its slot...yeh, don't go with the newest Nvidia drivers--not for this basically abandoned card--only 2yrs. old...update ver. 81.33 org. driver!

very bright in terms of brightness or gamma?

i have similar problem and the way to solve is set the gamma to 99 instead of 100, default. (mine is gamma too high)

perhaps you should set your brightness or contrast slightly below the default values.... good luck :)

Plumbing The Depths......

Nvidia control panels allow the saving of profiles for a particular monitor. Any chance that you have a stray bad one stored? This is partly why I asked about Adobe Gamma. If adobe gamma is set to a different profile than the monitors native one, the monitor's brightness can appear very different until the AG fully boots, (AG then controls color management & gamma). This is a different situation, but with similar symptoms. Open the Nvidia control panel and check out the "video and television" settings.

yeh...come to think about i did install abode photoshop and like 10 additional adobe programs with it. Ill think you you just solved my problem. oh, and by the way, my graphics is not PCI its built it to the motherboard. Yeh i know thats cheap...but im gonna buy a PCI one soon.

Ok well...i do have adobe gamma. when i go control panel its up there. but when i click it, it takes me through this funny step by step wizard. how do i fix the problem?

My gamma slide adjustment doesn't move or respond by clicking on it, my monitor also shows that it's a 6/6/2001 microsoft driver that won't update, even though I have Nvidia drivers installed.

When I tried to look up a LG 77N monitor I got nada.

Bad data, little help.

If you have the manual for the monitor, research how to set the brightness on the monitor itself.

Do that after you boot and before you run anything else.

Adobe Gamma...

Adobe's Gamma takes over the color management for the system, but not until it initializes. You're supposed to set the monitor controls (bright & contrast) to max, then use the wizard. To edit photos 6500K is the right setting (color temperature anyway). How bright the monitor is when before Gamma boots is esentially how bright the monitor goes. if you just set Gamma to default, you can use the monitor controls. You still have video drivers for onboard video, and there could be a problem there as well.

May be a bad dll file. Try CCleaner's issue scan. www.ccleaner.com

If that doesn't work, you can try registry mechanic. It's not free, but it's bound to be*cough cough* archived on the net somewhere ;)

CCT said:
When I tried to look up a LG 77N monitor I got nada.

Bad data, little help.

If you have the manual for the monitor, research how to set the brightness on the monitor itself.

Do that after you boot and before you run anything else.
sorry, its actually LG 775N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back