My Network drive wil not stay mapped...?

By TechKC
Jun 20, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello There,

Hi i have been trying to troubleshoot this problem i have been having with my network drive. I have a program set up on a server and several computers use this program. Well recently the server started to crash constantly and i have another one up and running with just printers set up on it, so i copied the files to the print server and i was mapping the drive to the new server with this extension.. \\nmsu-las-new\banner which is the new server and the old location was \\nmsu-las\banner... so the mapj batch file is configured to map j using the old server location. which is \\nmsu-las\banner .. and i go in and edit the batch file which maps j on the C drive in system32 folder.. change it to the new server which is \\nmsu-las-new\banner and then restart.. when the users log back in the drive is disconnected and i have to remap it. here is how the .bat file looks after i change it.

if exist O:\ net use o: /del >nul
    net use O: \\nmsu-las-new\Banner banner /u:nmsu-net\banner /persistent:no
    if exist J:\ net use o: /del >nul
    net use J: \\Topaz\Banner banner /u:wnmu-net\banner /persistent:no

After all this i have to copy and run registry fixes to allow the program to run but thats not the problem .. i want to know how to keep the drive mapped. Do i have to alter anything else in the .bat file. either on the c drive or the server, or both. the server mapj.bat file is still using the old .bat file. i changed it and the program won't run so it's still using the old .bat file.. i don't know what else to do. stumped!! .. well thanks for your time and i look forward to hearing from anyone. thanks again.

Techkc
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

I'll take a stab at this,

Change persistent no to persistent yes maybe.

Oh and your 3rd line has 2 diff drive letters , shouldn't they both be J?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.