my network/shared folders only connect one way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a home network for my DSL connection and two computers. I am using an actiontec gateway to connect the computers. I had my network running fine but one day it just quit on me. For clarafication i shall call the newer dell computer A and the older dell computer B. Computer A has the windows standard firewall as well as the Mcaffee firewall. At one point i had to setup the mcaffee firewall for my network and then it was fixed. Computer B only has the windows standard firewall.

On computer A i can see my shared folders and computer B's shared folders in my network places. But on computer B (since the mysterious problem) i can only see the shared folders on computer B. But, on computer B if i go to "view workgroup computers" i can still see computer A there, but it says i don't have permission. I tried to set permission to one of the user names on B but it didn't work.

any help anyone. i have no clue what i'm doing

maybe try disabling the mcaffee firewall and see if that is blocking it. also try disabling the windows firewall and leaving mcaffee on. if none of this works disable all the firewalls.

disabling sometimes does not work you should try first to stop the firewall services on boot
go to your ap and chnge settings for start up of app
reboot now the services should not be running ,test your net now
if you are still not able to connect
on pc that you can't get into
if you have note done so under sharing allow network
here you can change what type of permissions allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back