My new comp shut down while gaming, won't turn back on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Hope one of yahs can help me out.

2 wenesdays ago I constructed my first comp, and to my amazement I managed to put it together flawlessly.

I'm a heavy gamer. Lots of FPS, and WoW. I play around 3-10 hours a, day depending on the day.

This morning I wake up and boot up my comp. Everything is fine. I log into World of Warcraft and play for around 5 minutes before suddenly my comp just shuts down. Almost like as if someone pushed the power button.

I'm thinking "WTF?", so I check my monitor and speakers and sure enough they are powered on, and responding. I tried to turn the comp back and on and nothing happened. I checked inside the tower and the motherboard LED light is on. The orange enet light is also on.

At the moment I don't have the hardware to test swap (I will on monday). I was hoping that some of you may have overcome this problem before. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Here are my comp parts in case they may help.

MB Asus P5ND2-SLI NF4SLI 775
VGA Asus N EN6800GT/2DT/256MB R
CPU INTEL P4 630 800M LGA775 2M R
MEM 1GX2 Corsair VS2GBKIT667D2 R
HD 250G WD 7200 SATA2 16MB WD2500KS
DVD BURNER PLXTOR PX-740A
Liminator Case with 550W PS

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Check all cables/connections etc.

Try a different psu. If that doesn`t help, then it`s probably the mobo or cpu that`s died.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I'd say the cheap power supply that came with the case is a chief suspect.

watch the CPU Fan while you push the on button..... if the CPU Fan fails to speed. the system will NOT START.

I'm almost positive it's my PS. I checked all my connections and everything is snug. The way it turned off is why I believe so. Every part is brand new and was working perfectly for a week and a half. My desk is never bumped into and the CPU is always completely stable. That makes me believe that the MB isn't shorting out on anything.
I also looked into the reviews for the no-name PS that came with my case, and it seems that just about everyone who purchased one lost the PS in less than a year. I'm testing with a backup PS this afternoon, and I will post my results. Thanks for the input :giddy:

I'm sure it is your PC somewhere. How ever
its definitly your power supply or your mother board if it doesnt power on period, if you get it fixed and its neither email me at ovvn.you@gmail.com with how you fixed it
depends on how your BIOS reads.. if the A: is set to read and is errored(bad cable-miss plugged, or if the CPU Fan is stuck, or many other items .... read the manual an see which leds blink to show what is yes/no...again new does not mean it works for ever...I have had CPU Fans freeze(instant computer dead) built in protection. As you said
I checked inside the tower and the motherboard LED light is on. The orange enet light is also on.
Not the PS.??? Unplug everything except A: then boot with floppy disk If A: is set to Boot First... in the Bios.. plug in 1 item a time (test) then another (test) I have had many a set with a STUCK CPU FAN, lint, cat hair etc etc ..I can not say enough push the on/off switch while watching the CPU FAN..Instant start or NO GO.
and was working perfectly for a week and a half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back