My other passions

DAVEO

Hello again everone, heres something about me you dont know.

I spend hours each day at work in front of a LCD Screen, :(
so when I'm home sometimes, I indulge in my other hobbies to stop myself getting square eyes:)
(See Photos)

What other interests do you Members have?

Attachments

• a0000.JPG
    a0000.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 27
  • a000.JPG
    a000.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 25
  • a12.JPG
    a12.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 20
Racing Cars

rik said:
I'm into rc racing. 1/10 electric touring car. Do you race?

Nah, not in a R/C Club.

:stickout: My brother, a few of my mates and myself go to local Shopping Centre's car park on some Sundays [shops closed Sundays], to race each other.

Most of the Racing Tracks here are too small for us,:( and our cars cant reach their top speed on them (120km per hour+)
(we run NITRO 1/10 Touring Cars, Modified with 2-Speed Gearboxes, Power-Pipes and 4WD conversions.)

:cool: I have two 1/10 Nitro Touring cars (with 1xHonda, 3xHolden and 1xSubaru Shells)

Also I have two Off-Road Electric buggies,:rolleyes: a Modified 2WD Monster Truck [with 'Orion' 13x2turn motor with 'GM' No-Limit ESC]
and a Modified 4WD Off-Road Racer[with 'Orion' 15x2turn motor with 'GM' ESC (Electronic Speed Controller)]

Had to replace the "Tamiya Battery connections" on electric buggies with "Deans Plugs" coz motors pull so much power it fused together the Tamiya connections between the batteries and the cars.:eek:

:) What do you have? and whats under the hood of yours?

Cheers, Daveo

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 12
Hey Daveo,

Thats quite a fancy collection you have! I started a model plane once but never had the patience to finish it:p

Anyways, good to see that people are actually telling us about themselves, good on ya:)

Regards,

Korrupt

I run a Team Associated TC3 with a vectra body shell and have 18 trophies to show for all that blood sweat and tears. I haven't been racing for about a year but i plan on getting back into it soon.

I used to run in stock class which is with a 27x1 fixed timing motor. I also did quite well running in the modified class with a 12x1 motor but my batteries aren't really up to it. When i restart racing i want to have a go at a new class called super stock which i believe uses a 20x1 fixed timing motor.

R/C Planes?

korrupt said:
Hey Daveo,

Thats quite a fancy collection you have! I started a model plane once but never had the patience to finish it:p

Anyways, good to see that people are actually telling us about themselves, good on ya:)

Regards,

Korrupt

:haha: NO WAY! I would want to buy an R/C Plane, I've seen
"Funniest Home Video's" and its never a happy ending with those things.
(CRASH & BURN):dead:

Its EXPENSIVE enough racing CARS that only just run along the ground.
(eg. One of the Red HRT shells pictured no longer exists,:mad: due to a "Racing Accident" on a corner when I T-Boned a mates car after he spun-out,:blackeye: SHATTERING our Car's shells to pieces. Ouch!!!)

ps. Honda 'Accord' shell not pictured.

Cheers, Daveo

Im in the process of building my first r/c plane. Im still getting all the parts together at the mo, its gonna be a bit of a scrap heap challenge version and should end up costing me about £5 or less and a fair ammount of time.

I see you're into WWII modeling. Do you just model, or do you war-game? I noticed your featured pics are almost exclusively of spits, are you a brit, or do you just like the plane a lot?

I used to do a good deal of war-gaming, but these days it's just too time consuming. Instead, I run tabletop roleplay and I LARP a few times a year. I doubt I'll get back into war-gaming though, even if I could find the time, I just don't find it as satisfying as a good, involved roleplay.
As for other hobbies, I read a lot of fantasy/sci-fi, mostly trashy stuff really (follows all the old, plot patterns). I game (singleplayer mostly since I just havn't got around to getting a good connection at home) when I can't find it in myself to knuckle down to writing a campain. I used to write, but I came to realise that if I don't find a really good formula for a story I'll end up churning out carbon copies of everything else all be it with my own style, but ultimately trash. I collect films, mostly eastern stuff these days as I feel the best stuff is coming from Japan and more recently still Korea. I have other minor distractions, but these are the core ones. Mostly I enjoy creating things, or exploring/inventing fictional worlds.

British???

Lekki_Sheep said:
I see you're into WWII modeling. Do you just model, or do you war-game? I noticed your featured pics are almost exclusively of spits, are you a brit, or do you just like the plane a lot?

Just making Models. (Not "in to" War Gaming, Except for a little X-Boxing.)

The 'Spitfires' on the Airfield are part of my on-going WWII RAF Hangar Diorama.:stickout:
:rolleyes: SQUADRON Formations usually comprise of the same type of 'Aircraft.

:mad: Nope! 7th Generation Australian
(My Great-Uncle was Attatched to RAF in WWII piloting a 'Lancaster' Bomber. :( [K.I.A. - Holland,1943. Killed Piloting 'Crippled' Bomber away from a Dutch Town instead of "Bailing-Out"]:angel: Nb. Local Town's people still tend to the Graves of Edward 'Eddy' Devison and his brave crew.)

and YES, I do like the Spitty, but have a lot of other models,
USA(Modern & WWII), British, Japanese, German and Australian in both 1/72 scale & 1/48 scale.

Cheers, Daveo

Attachments

• H1.JPG
    H1.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Spitfire Line-Up.JPG
    Spitfire Line-Up.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 5
  • H4.JPG
    H4.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 5
  • a00.JPG
    a00.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 6
I'm about to start driving again. Got a Losi XX electric buggy. Damn ball diff always works loose after I drive it rough so after last time it did that (couple years ago) I never tightened it back up.

But we have a jet here at work that uses 7.2V to spin up initially before burning Jet-A and we bought a decent peak charger for those packs, so I think I'm going to tighten down the diff this weekend and start driving it again.

I started out in real R/C back in about 93, and stopped about 96. But about once every year or 2 I get one of my cars out and drive it. Need new crystals in the radio, hell probably just need a new radio.

Back