My P4 is running at 100C!!!! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Ify

Hey,

I just built a brand new computer. My old computer used to have heat problems so the first time I booted my new one I checked the temperature, AND IT WAS 100C!!!!! Whats odd is that a P4 should shut down at that temp and my mobo temp is only 34C, so I think maybe my motherboards thermostat is messed up? I dont want to try anything extream until I am sure that my computer is okay. Thanks again for the help guys.

Thanks,
Ify

Easily possible for it to hit 100C. When I was in the process of upgrading my HSF I accidently pulled out a clip and thought I had broke it so decided to try with just one clip, CPU hit 100C in under 4 seconds without shutting down. I realised that the clip had just popped out so It still actually worked. Then getting the new HSF in was insane cuz I had to dismantle the whole pc including taking about the powersupply and mobo to make it fit on, which also involved filing down the clips. Then i had to push the power supply in though the empty cd bays and jimmy it into the space above the hsf only to realise it was upside down and i had to start again :S.

So basically Im guessing yuo have no thermal paste it is incorrectly applied.

Agent Ify said:
Hey,

I just built a brand new computer. My old computer used to have heat problems so the first time I booted my new one I checked the temperature, AND IT WAS 100C!!!!! Whats odd is that a P4 should shut down at that temp and my mobo temp is only 34C, so I think maybe my motherboards thermostat is messed up? I dont want to try anything extream until I am sure that my computer is okay. Thanks again for the help guys.

Thanks,
Ify

My P4 is 80C is like for 2 years & there is nothing happening, my comp run 24/7 with 1 restart per week.

100C is not very common.
how's the ventilation for the processor?
wat about the thermal paste on the m/b chip?
wat about the heat-sinks?
did you assemble it yourself?

it should've been fried by 100C....
i could cook an egg on your CPU.

so i think that is a wrong reading.

check Everest and see what the temp is there

I had a mobo running at over 200F for awhile. My cpu fan assembly was loose. If you just put this together, use "Everest" and "PC Wizard" and verify this problem. Take the motherboard back while you still can and make sure you get one that will run cool. Make sure that your cpu fan is seated solidly, thermal grease and all that. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back