My P4's HTT not enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody. I have a P4 prescott 3,2ghz and a P4P800-X. The processor has always worked fine, but not long ago my HTT got disabled. According to the BIOS, Sisoft Sandra, and Everest it IS enabled. In aquamark HTT is on "off" though, and i can't change it to "on" which clearly shows that HTT isn't enabled, so i get an 8,7k cpu score instead of a 10,5k score. At first I thought it was only aquamark that had this problem, but i tried another benchmark and got a lower result than i used to get. I've tried an ASUS update, but that didn't work.

Press ctrl alt and delete, and look at the task manager under the performance tab. Check and see if there is two differnet CPU read outs. OBviously one of the programs is conflicting, as you cant have it on and off at the same time :D .

This is what it shows:

checkinghtt2kl.jpg

was that it?

It shows that the os considers HT to be enabled. The cpus are vestigial, not literal, so don't think you have two actual cpus.

I think the aquamark thing will only allow one to run at defaults unless you pay for the "pro" version. Dunno, I seldom use it.

It used to be on "on" before. It's on "off" now for some reason. And i get lower scores in other benchmarks aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back