My PC can't recognize my digital camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKS

hi, recently when i connect my digital camera to my pc, my pc can't recognize my digital camera,so i can't transfer the photos to my pc. It works before, so i don't know what happens, can anyone help?

Possibly the camera drivers have become corrupted etc.

Unplug the camera and uninstall the drivers. Reboot your computer and re-install the camera drivers. Reboot your system again, then connect the camera and switch is on. Hopefully, Windows will recognise it and install the necessary drivers.

Regards Howard :)

please be specific on the Camera make/model and the software being used.

I have issues with Canon 'Easyshare' (which isn't so :( ) and frequently need
to reinstall it to get it to recognize my z700.

I know it's not the optimal solution, but have you tried using a card reader?

I personally don't even bother hooking up the camera, I always use a card reader.

yea in panic mode that sure works, but all the pix take the UPLOAD date instead
of the Date Taken, which destroys the ability to get the pictures ordered properly.

well almost properly; display in name order is the picture-taken-order, but
not the date-taken.

User might have to many drivers letters in use and the DC might only connect to a certain drive. That's why it's best to change the letter assignment for the CDRW or DVDRW to W: and R:.

Card Reader have way to many versions of cards and I find sometimes these devices don't always load correctly. Some DC have a button you have to press if the camera is use in a certain mode. PICT-Bridge or PC?

My digital camera is Canon Ixus 70, i never install any driver cos at that first time i connect to computer it is work so i think no driver is needed. And i think my camera is alright because the camera is alright if plug to my girlfriend's and my sister's pc.

In that case, I`m not sure what the problem is.

Try this and see if it helps at all.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) Set the startup type to Automatic. Click apply, then click Start.

Plug and Play

Close the services window.

If that doesn help, I`m out of ideas.

Regards Howard :)

tipstir said:
User might have to many drivers letters in use and the DC might only connect to a certain drive. That's why it's best to change the letter assignment for the CDRW or DVDRW to W: and R:.
Agree! It helps to leave drive letters empty between the bootable HD and
the removable media drives, whatever letters you choose.

LKS said:
My digital camera is Canon Ixus 70, i never install any driver cos at that first time i connect to computer it is work so i think no driver is needed. And i think my camera is alright because the camera is alright if plug to my girlfriend's and my sister's pc.

Are you getting errors in the system device manager for USB host controller?
Is there anything you have pluged into the other USB when you connect the DC too? Try unpluging those..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back