my pc is running really slow.. hijackthis log

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone i need some help.. i just turned on my pc today and it just started running really really slow.. so i run a virus scan with Mcafee and also with AVG Anti Virus.. but both of those programs said that no files were infected.. so i downloaded HiJackThis 1.99.1 and it gave me this log.. can anyone please please tell me what to do and what to delete.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You are running two antivirus products. This is not a good idea and will slow your system down and can cause conflicts.

Keep AVG and uninstall McAfee. If after getting rid of McAfee you need a firewall programme, the free Zonealarm firewall if verygood. You can get it HERE.

Your HJT log is clean. However, you should have HJT fix all entries that say file missing. I.E

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: Flash2X Flash Hunter - {77B563A5-2A35-4E6B-BFC8-F4B6BB65D5DF} - C:\Program Files\Flash2X\Flash Hunter\save.htm (file missing) (HKCU)

Etc.

Also, have HJT fix all 016-DPF entries.

You can also speed up your computer by getting rid of anything you don`t use or need fromm add remove programmes.

Also, click start/run and type msconfig into the runbox and hit the enter key. Click on the startup tab and disable anything your don`t want to start with Windows.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

You're running two antivirus programs simultaneously. although some combinations can work together with no problems' it is not a good idea in general so uninstall one. and perform a full maintainance on your system IE..disk cleanup, disk check, empty temp folders, clean internet cache, defrag etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back