My sound wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sound was working fine, but then my motherboard burnt so i had to replace it, after i did that my sound did'nt seem to work even though my computer says that everything is fine. what should I try doing? :confused:

If the computer says everything is working, than im not sure, But it could be that windows just loaded incorrect drivers for your sound card (integrated or not) . Have you tried going to the updates site from microsoft? Or did you forget to load the mobo cd to install all drivers? Go To control panel and click the sound buttton. Make sure it knows it has a sound device. Also, sometimes the sound program from mobo needs to be on so it can detect the sound jack, so that when a new jack is connected it can detect it. IF nothing works , i would probably just end up reformatting. But only do that if nothing works.

sound card?

b4 u do anything too rash,
you said ur mobo burnt, and so i take it thats all you replaced, correct?
if so then it could be that you simply had an integrated sound component on the
old mobo, and windows is detecting the drivers intalled from that whilst the new
mobo has no sound component, judging of coarse that your not using an
external as opposed to an integrated. I would say that is why you have no
sound.

check to see and inform me on this.

-welcome-
Questions and more Email to
Mrelshy@yahoo.com

make sure that your audio settings set your sound device as primary sound controller. Also what os are you running, if you're running vista the xp drivers for your sound device will work on most mobos

Go into bios and disable onboard sound, if your using a PCI card. Also if it was installed inproperly by windows unistall reboot and try reinstalling drivers. What kind of sound card do you have. If you have another PC you might want to try testing the sound card, It might have been damaged along with your motherboard

EvilFallenAngel said:
Go into bios and disable onboard sound, if your using a PCI card. Also if it was installed inproperly by windows unistall reboot and try reinstalling drivers. What kind of sound card do you have. If you have another PC you might want to try testing the sound card, It might have been damaged along with your motherboard

good idea. i was going to suggest something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back