TechSpot

My speakers quite playing sound for me... help plz!

By LEGOcircus
Mar 8, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone. I have a quick question maybe someone could please help me with. Here goes...

I have Altec Lansing speakers (2 speakers and a sub) on my Windows XP. I was watching a movie and my sound just quite on me. No popping noise, nothing. Just silence. I didn't have the volume really high, nor the bass.
    The speakers still have power and turn on. I tried plugging them into my Ipod, nothing. Tried just the left speaker in my Ipod and it actually worked!
    (Setup= left speaker to the right speaker, right speaker to the sub woofer, sub to the computer and wall.)
    I don't think it's software because head phones work with my computer.
    So, does anyone have any ideas why the speakers don't work?

Thanks!!
    -Lcircus

P.S. Speaker serial number: CHW0529366
  2. nismo91

nismo91 TS Guru Posts: 1,003   +11

setup you write is common for altec lansing speaker, but can you tell us what series is yours? I mean if you cant try to find the pic on the internet.

I know what you mean by putting in the left speaker to the ipod. It was just like a piece of ACS45.1

Do you know how long have been your speaker works? If it;s old, maybe some component need to be replaced i.e wires and some capacitor.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.