My system does not detect my video card

treetops

FIXED! The backplate of the video card looked exactly like my old one, but it was somehow making my video card not slide down far enough, took it off and now its running HUH ZA! If there is a big danger in running it so lofty without a backplate message me and let me know. If you have a msi 4g 970 check the damn backplate!

I bought a nividia 970 off ebay and my mobo does not detect it. It lights up but that is it. I can send it back but I wanted to know what I can try first? I get this message with the install cd, when I use the auto driver updater on nvidia and when I manually download the driver from the nvidia site. My old radeon 280 worked fine.
Old card
MSI R9 280 GAMING 3G 384-Bit GDDR

This graphics driver could not find compatible hardware.

GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD nvidia 970 (requires 6 and 8 pin connector)
Mobo z97 pro 4 asrock
CPU 4690k
PSU 700 watt, ocz700sxs

What I have done so far
Connected the
  • Power Connectors
    1x6-Pin, 1x8-Pin
From my old card to the new card. Im using my old power converters could that matter? Id use the one that came with the card but a damn wire is hanging out of its area.

Checked device manager no device.

Checked bios, made sure pci-e x16 is the primary video card source. Checked my bios mobo overview and it says there is nothing in that slot!

Uninstalled all amd and nvidia driver in the control panel. Uninstalled all drivers with gurus free amd and nvidia Display Driver Uninstaller in safemode.

Reseated the card. Googled a lot.

Im now going to reset the bios, I heard I can also update the bios, would that even matter, am I just trying to hard to make this possibly DOA card work?

Last edited:
Back