TechSpot

My Video Card's "FAN" is not working!!

By death
Jan 9, 2005
  1. I just checked today that the "fan" of my video card (ATI Radeon 8500LE 64mb DDR AGP4X) is not working.How to replace the fan? Which kind of fan should I get? I am new to video card fans.

And the worse thing is that I can't remove the "fan" from my video card. There are no Screws. There is no othe alternative to remove the fan, whid I know. How will I be able to remove the fan from my video card so I can replace it? If I can't remove it then I have to replace the Video card. Which is better video card than my old card? I can only spend $100 (no more than that)... I have looked at these two cards:

ABIT R9550-128CDT RADEON 9550 128MB DDR AGP8X DVI-I TV-OUT VGA VIDEO CARD

eVGA E-GEFORCE FX5200 128M DDR AGP VGA S-VIDEO OUT VIDEO CARD

Any suggestions

Thankx

2. death

death TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 46

Here are the images of the card (ATI RADEON 8500LE 64MB)..................There are four very small screws around the fan, on the top of the rectangular black part. I don't know whether it is a heat sink of not. But I have found pics of my card over the internet:
    I don't know how to add picture so I am including links.
    here are the links:

"http://www.ixbt.com/video/itogi-video/radeon8500-128.jpg"

"http://www.nt.ru/products/video/radeon-8500le-64-ddr-dvi-tv-1024-2149-20-sa.shtml"

Please tell me if you guys know how to remove this fan................Thank you guys so much for your help...

3. fishhookz

fishhookz TS Rookie Posts: 79

That black part is a heatsink. Probably aluminum.

Just get a Vantec or TT VGA fan to replace it. You may need to pop the black heatsink with a flat (Philips) screw driver. Look for 2 HSF holes in the back.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.